Whether you have a family or are living solo, home safety is a priority at all times. There’s nothing like coming home to a space where you feel safe and comfortable. However, criminals always find a way to penetrate even the most robust of security. In fact, the most common property crime in the United States is theft.
Home Safety Systems and Gadgets
We’ve compiled a list of the top three high-tech gadgets to consider when protecting you and your loved ones. And the more the merrier! It’s best to install a couple of systems to ensure optimum security.
1. Spy camera
It’s good to have eyes all around. It can be hard for working family members to control and monitor situations at home 24/7. To keep a watchful eye on the house, occupants, or pets, install a hidden camera.
Purchasing an excellent spy camera will offer you a myriad of benefits. Moreover, there are many options from which to choose. You can install cameras for your home’s exterior or interior. Here are a few features and benefits of spy cameras:
- WiFi connectivity, which allows you to monitor the goings-on even when you’re at the office
- Motion-activated features that send notifications to your phone whenever movement is detected
- Compatible with iPhone, Android, laptop, and computers that let you set up everything easily
- Cameras with audio so you can listen to conversations whenever you want
- Most cameras offer HD videos with 1080p resolution
- Batteries that last up to 10 hours
- Wide-angle lens that can cover 120 degrees of view
- Date and stamp features
- Some cameras offer night vision features
- High-tech cameras can even double as a power bank
2. Home security system
If you’re thinking of protecting your home and its occupants, a home security system should be at the top of your home safety list. This is all-around home security that can offer convenience and maximum protection even when you’re miles away from home.
High-tech security gadgets also come with additional features. The most common features of a home security system are:
- A mobile app that you can control anywhere as long as you have connectivity
- Integrated detectors and sensors
- Motion recording whenever it detects anyone entering or moving
- Emergency notifications whenever something triggers the camera
- HD night vision
- Thermostat control
- Doorbell cameras
- Smoke detectors that send notifications to authorities whenever carbon monoxide levels are at emergency highs
3. Smart locks
Sometimes you forget to lock your door, especially when you’re running a bit late. If you find that this is a common occurrence, then don’t fret – a smart lock is what you need for home security. Smart locks let you control your door lock from your mobile app or through codes. Here are the most common features of a smart lock:
- Keyless security system controlled anytime from portable device
- Automatic door locking functionality from mobile app
- PIN codes created to give to anyone permitted to enter the house
- Biometrics for fingerprint scanning (available on some of the higher-tech options)
Have a Smart Home
In this technology-centric world we’re living in, having a smart home is of the essence. Even the most cautious individuals, who monitor and protect their home manually, benefit from a digital security system. Invest in your home safety. These systems and gadgets add layers of protection worth every penny.
For more home safety advice, check out our Five Tips for Buying a Hurricane-Ready Home.