Fort Lauderdale is a fun and bustling destination. It’s also one of Florida’s largest metro areas. To support the health and safety of residents and visitors, local leaders have developed Fort Lauderdale Covid-19 regulations and guidelines. Here are some of the key things to know about COVID-19 safety regulations as you plan your Fort Lauderdale visit.
Fort Lauderdale Covid-19 Regulations
Keep a minimum of six feet distance between you and others not in your household.
Wear a Mask:
- when inside all buildings except private residences.
- while in a restaurant unless you are seated and eating/drinking.
- outside when a minimum of six-feet distance cannot be maintained.
Remember, masks are not a substitute for social distancing.
Know Before You Go – Beaches & Parks
The Fort Lauderdale area is home to miles of beautiful beaches, parks, and outdoor venues. Enjoy your fun in the sun safely. Most area beaches and parks have re-opened. Limit group sizes to ten people or less.
Know Before You Go – Restaurants & Bars
Fort Lauderdale is known for its vibrant restaurant and bar scene. Most restaurants and bars have re-opened for dine-in service. Here’s how they are keeping patrons and staff safe:
- Masks are required while you are inside a restaurant or bar. You can remove your mask only if you are seated and eating/drinking.
- While waiting to be seated, or standing in any line, maintain six feet of distance from others not in your group.
- Restaurants are allowed to be at full capacity. However, tables must be spaced at least six feet apart.
- Bars are open at 50% indoor capacity.
- Outdoor seating areas of bars and restaurants are allowed to open at 100% capacity.
Getting There – Public Transportation
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) is open. Schedules might be different than usual, so check with your airline for updates.
- Port Everglades cruise port is open. Contact your cruise line for details.
- Buses are operating on a limited schedule for essential travel. Masks and social distancing regulations are in place for all riders.
- The Tri Rail light rail system is currently operating on a limited schedule but the Brightline rail service is temporarily suspended.
Fort Lauderdale Covid19 Safety Guidelines:
- Keep your hands clean! Use hand sanitizer when you can’t get to a sink or hand-washing station.
- When washing your hands use soap and wash for at least 20 seconds. Rinse thoroughly and avoid touching shared surfaces.
- Ask your hosts for the latest information or guidelines for their particular property.
Stay Current and Stay Safe
Make your Fort Lauderdale trip memorable for all the right reasons. We will update COVID-19 safety regulations and guidelines as new information becomes available. For the latest on Covid19 safety in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas check here.
***Disclaimer: There is a good chance that this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you (for which we are extremely grateful).