Purchasing or selling a home anytime of the year can be an overwhelming process, but doing so during the holiday season presents unique challenges. OUTCOAST reached out to Christye Ozog with Donovan Home Sales, Inc. to learn her top five tips for holiday real estate buying and selling.
Christye’s Top Holiday Real Estate Tips:
- Buyer Savings: Make sure you are keeping an eye on the market. This is the slow season. Houses that previously sold in a week may sit on the market for 2-3 months. This means better deals for you!
- Buyer Scheduling: Holiday schedules may affect contract timelines. If you go under contract, make sure you’re available to complete required purchasing tasks.
- Staging Advice: Although it might be enticing to decorate for the holidays, it’s important to keep homes staged neutral always, regardless of time of year.
- Seller Safety Tip: More robberies occur during the holidays than any other time of the year, so make sure you have someone keeping an eye on your home if you plan to vacate the property while it’s on the market.
- Seller Strategy: Strategically put your home on the market after a specific holiday, because you won’t have any showings during Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, or New Year’s Day.
To learn more about purchasing a home during the holiday season, contact Christye Ozog by clicking here.
Disclaimer: There is a good chance that this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through them, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you (for which we are extremely grateful).